Answered By: Alison Hunt Last Updated: May 01, 2015 Views: 1
First, get the "embed" code for your video.
- From the YouTube video page, click on Share, then click on Embed
- Copy the embed code
Now insert it into your presentation.
- Display the slide where you want to embed the video
- Click on the Insert tab, then click on Video (or Movie) in the Media section
- Choose "Video from Web site"
- A box will appear; paste your embed code here
The video should be embedded now and play when you are in presentation mode.
This does not always work because of changes in YouTube code and formats, combined with how some PowerPoint software works.
- Follow these alternate instructions to change settings and allow the video: https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/atrc/2013/09/17/how-to-embed-youtube-video-in-powerpoint-2013/
- Use Google Slides (in Google Drive or Google Docs) instead of PowerPoint to create a presentation
- Insert a link to the video (copy just the "Share" link for your video and insert it as a hyperlink into your PowerPoint)